Bolton Community & Voluntary Services
Bolton CVS is a charitable company which supports voluntary and community organisations and positively promotes voluntary action in Bolton.
Ambition for Ageing.
A partnership of Bolton CVS, Age UK Bolton and Bolton at Home are delivering a programme which aims to create age friendly communities and generate ways to create stronger community connections for people over 50. The programme will be delivered in the Halliwell, Crompton and Tonge with The Haulgh areas over the next 5 years.
The project will consist of:
• An Advisory Group of Older People - to drive the project forward
• The Bolton Ambition for Ageing Charter – key stakeholders setting out what Being Age Friendly means to Bolton.
• Volunteer Ambassadors to build connections with older people, identify local assets and generate ideas for reducing social isolation.
• Action plans for each area with local people, businesses, commissioners and service providers.
• Small Investments - Designing a range of mechanisms with older people to decide how small investments will be allocated.
• Ambition for Ageing Champions - local commissioners, businesses and service providers who will promote the aims of The Charter
• ‘Age Friendly’ local businesses
Please contact us if you would like to know more about the programme or are interested in getting involved.
Policy Engagement Manager
Ambition for Ageing Project Officer