Housing Benefit Visiting Team
Who are we?
We are a small team attached to the Benefits Service within Bolton Council and are made up of 3 visiting officers, 1 support officer and a manager.
All visiting officers are trained Housing Benefit officers and are accredited to complete a range of DWP benefit forms.
We are part of a Joint Working Partnership between Bolton Council and the DWP.
What can we do?
- Work out if you qualify for a wide range of benefits, discounts and services
- Visit you at home to help complete claim forms and send them to the correct office on your behalf
- Answer queries you may have about welfare benefit entitlement
- Verify important documents you may need to provide so you won’t have to send them through the post
- Process any claim for either Housing or Council Tax Benefit to enable a fast track decision on any entitlement within 24 hours in most cases
- Deliver benefit awareness talks to community groups
- Provide road show advice events in community settings
Can anyone request a visit?
We would only normally visit people who are unable to come into a Council office due to age or personal circumstances.
Contact us to find out more.